Commercial insurance most businesses need to have

When it comes to protecting your business with commercial insurance, every business is not identical. Having an insurance agent who can help you to measure your risk level is important. You need coverage but having the right amount is where finesse is required. At  Kinowski Agency Inc. in Amsterdam, NY, as independent insurance agents, we work for our customers. We make sure we personalize our service to their needs.  

Commercial insurance most businesses need to have

Workers Compensation

In the state of New York just about all employers who have any employees, whether they are full-time or part-time, need to cover them with workers’ compensation insurance. This provides medical benefits as well as lost time coverage for an employee who is injured while doing their job.

Property Insurance

When it comes to commercial property insurance, it isn’t exactly like home property coverage. It is a combination of property and content, so it is useful even if you rent the building where your business is. If a peril strikes, would your business be able to survive it? It will if you have commercial property insurance so that you will be able to repair or replace the things you need to operate your business. 

Liability Insurance

In a world where legal actions are a common occurrence, it is important for the financial security of your business and assets to have the liability protection you need. It can be very expensive to dispute a case against you. Having liability insurance will make it easier to survive. Making sure you have enough liability insurance is vital. 

Business interruption insurance

When something bad happens to your business that is covered by your policy, business interruption insurance can help you to pay the normal operating expenses of your business even though you have no income coming in. 

Contact Kinowski Agency Inc. in Amsterdam, NY if you are in need of commercial insurance. 


When to review your home insurance policy

Many people take their home insurance for granted. It just renews every year, and you may not even look at the policy unless, for some reason, there is an increase in your premium that is enough to get your attention.  At Kinowski Agency Inc. in Amsterdam, NY, we think that part of our responsibility as your independent agent is to make sure your home policy meets your needs. 

When to review your home insurance policy

When your new policy is sent to you at the time of your renewal, the top sheet is the declaration page. This is a synopsis of your policy. That is the ideal time to review your coverage when you receive it. You can see your property coverage,  how much your liability insurance is, and the amount of deductible you have on your policy. You can also see any endorsements that you have on your policy and how much loss of use coverage you have. 

Do the figures make sense with what you know about your home? The content coverage and additional outbuildings are an automatic percentage that goes with the property amount.  It doesn’t include the value of the land. Have you done any major renovations? Have you added square footage? What are comparable homes in your neighborhood selling for? 

What is your deductible? Is it the right amount for you?  Has your net worth increased or added anything that may have increased your risk? Is your liability coverage adequate to protect your assets? You need to review if these have changed. 

Now, look at any endorsements you have. Has anything changed? Extra jewelry coverage, sewer backup, and earth movement are just a few of the endorsements you may have added to your policy.

Contact Kinowski Agency Inc. in Amsterdam, NY, when you are ready to review your home coverage.