What if I’m in an accident with someone who has no insurance?

It can be disheartening to be in an auto accident, and the other party responsible for the wreck either flees the scene or doesn’t have auto insurance.  This happens far too often: you, the victim in the incident, pay for medical expenses with your own insurance and on your own dime.  After the process, many, like you, don’t have the time or finances to take the guilty party to court to seek payment for your expense.

In this unfortunate incident, the best way to protect you and your family is to talk to your agent at Kinowski Agency Inc. in Amsterdam, NY about uninsured motorist coverage. 

What You Need To Know

In New York, you can purchase insured motorist coverage with a minimum of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. Of course, the more coverage you select, the more protection you can provide for yourself and your family.  However, your uninsured motorist coverage cannot exceed the liability coverage you have for bodily injury. 

Regarding property damage caused to your vehicle by an uninsured driver, uninsured motorist coverage is unavailable in New York.  So, instead, you may want to talk to your agent at Kinowski Agency Inc. in Amsterdam, NY about collision coverage.  With collision coverage, you can receive payment to repair or replace your vehicle after an accident, no matter who’s at fault.  It also covers you if your car has been involved in a hit-and-run while parked.

Consult With Us

If you have more questions or need additional information concerning uninsured motorist coverage in New York, we’d be glad to help.  Contact us today at the Kinowski Agency Inc. in Amsterdam, NY to guide you to the best coverage options for your and your family’s safety.