Are you the owner of a classic car and living in the Amsterdam, NY area? If so, make sure you have the professionals at Kinowski Agency Inc. provide the insurance you need for your classic car.
Classic Car Coverage Options
The definition of a “classic car” will differ based on who you ask. The CCCA, Classic Car Club of America, defines a classic as one manufactured from 1915 to 1948. Some use the term to refer to antique, collector, and vintage cars.
Basically, definitions of what determines a classic car will depend on your insurance company.
This is how these cars are defined by some insurance companies:
- An antique automobile is 25 or more years old and has been maintained, restored, or preserved by an antique automobile enthusiast.
- A classic automobile is one that is 10 years old or more and is a rare vehicle or of historical interest, that has been maintained, restored, and preserved by a classic automobile enthusiast.
- A replica is a reproduction of a classic or antique automobile. A vehicle more than 25 years old is considered an antique.
Classic car insurance covers a wide range of vehicles.
Here are some types that may be eligible for classic car insurance:
- Classic cars
- Classic military vehicles
- Classic tractors
- Military vehicles
- Modified vehicles, such as hot rods
- Race cars
- Retired commercial vehicles, such as fire trucks
- 1980 and newer collector vehicles
Classic car insurance covers a variety of cars. How the vehicle is used is usually a key factor insurance companies use to determine coverage.
Insurance for a classic car generally means “limited use”. The car will be driven only for certain activities, such as classic car club functions, parades, and exhibitions. The vehicle can also be used for occasional pleasure drives. But if it is being used on a regular basis, for example, commuting to your place of employment, it will not be covered by a classic car policy.
Reach Out To Us
Kinowski Agency Inc. in Amsterdam, NY can provide a quote or answers to any questions you may have. Contact us today.